Fractured Atlas is the sole owner of the information collected at www.fracturedatlas.org. Fractured Atlas collects information from its users at several different points on this Web site.
Members and Donors of Fractured Atlas
When you opt to become a member of Fractured Atlas you must first complete a membership application, which requires you to submit contact information (i.e. email and snail mail address), demographic information (i.e. what type of arts professional you are), and certain unique identifiers. Among the benefits of membership is access to several "premium" features of the www.fracturedatlas.org web site, including the ability to submit news releases, apply for fiscal sponsorship, and more. The processes involved in using each of these "premium" features requires the submission of some additional information. Donors, likewise, are asked to provide certain personally identifying information when making a donation.
When you visit pages on www.fracturedatlas.org, our web server records your page views. This is a standard online practice, and is necessary for us to design the best, most usable web site possible.
When you make a donation or other purchase through this web site, you will of course be required to submit certain billing information, such as a credit card number, in addition to the contact information associated with that billing account. This information is transmitted via secure, encrypted processes, and is securely stored in a database. Credit card and bank account numbers are stored in an encrypted format, ensuring that, in the extremely unlikely event that someone were to gain unauthorized access to this database, this information would be unusable by the unauthorized party.
Information Use by Fractured Atlas
Information submitted by members of Fractured Atlas either in the sign up process or when using one of the "premium" features of www.fracturedatlas.org will be used:
- to assist us in the provision of member services, such as insurance or fiscal sponsorship;
- to contact members with important updates about Fractured Atlas or the services it provides;
- in the aggregate, as a means for us to understand more about our member community and its needs.
This website uses "cookies" exclusively to aid the login process. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's computer tied to information about the user. The cookies used by this website contain very minimal information used only to identify and authenticate members. No sensitive personal information is stored by cookies.
Third Party Information Use
Your privacy is important to us. We will never share your personal information with advertisers or other third-parties, with certain limited exceptions:
- Some member services require that we share information with third-party service providers, such as insurance companies who underwrite the policies offered through our insurance program. In such cases, we share only the minimum information required to provide the service in question, and only with the specific third-parties who need access to that information to assist in the provision of those services.
- From time-to-time we may release information to third-party researchers, provided the research is being conducted with charitable objectives related to strengthening the arts and cultural sector. In such cases we will not allow for the publication of disaggregated or personally indentifiable information without first providing the affected parties with a reasonable opportunity to opt-out.
- We may need to disclose personal information when required by law when we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order, or legal process served.
- In the event that Fractured Atlas goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, users' personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
This web site contains links to other sites. Hopefully it is obvious that we, Fractured Atlas, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. When you leave our site, it is your responsibility to review the privacy statements of any other Web sites you visit. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
Notification of Changes