Now Hiring — Program Associate
Fractured Atlas is seeking a full-time Program Associate. This position will provide administrative support for all of our core programs and services and for the organization overall. It is an entry-level position and involves a great deal of front-line customer service. We have over 25,000 artists nationally in our membership who come to us daily for guidance, assistance and support.
The successful candidate will be incredibly personable, have a cheerful disposition and a sense of humor, and possess an incredible amount of patience, particularly as it relates to explaining the same information multiple times. Additionally, the candidate will be able to operate and respond in a rapid-fire environment while still remaining calm, clear and collected.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Front-line customer service for all of our core member programs.
- Membership support: process dues payments, assist with membership changes and terminations, maintain member database, organize and maintain member files.
- Fiscal sponsorship program support: educate members about fundraising in the arts, process donations and fund release checks, review solicitation materials, process member Materials for the Arts and Costume Collection applications.
- Insurance program support: educate members about insurance in general and our plans specifically, assist members with applications and obtaining quotes, policies or certificates, process payments, renewals, terminations, and claims.
- Professional Development program support: assist members with online courses and international artist visas.
- Assist with outreach events in the NYC area for programs and advocacy efforts and carry out special projects as they arise.
- Assist Program Directors with program development, expansion and technical enhancements.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent required.
- First-hand experience working in an artistic discipline is strongly preferred.
- You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt to frequent, rapid changes.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the following attributes: Self-motivated, Creative problem solving skills, Excellent verbal and written communication skills, An ability to give exceptional customer service when presented with challenging situations, A strong attention to detail, Well organized and the ability to manage responsibilities independently
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and experience with web-based software required – knowledge of Quickbooks is a plus. Previous experience with sophisticated information technology systems and arts administration is a plus.
Starting salary is $40,440. Benefits include health insurance, employer-contributed 401K plan, TransitChek, tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick and personal days, and a casual but hard-working, friendly and supportive office environment. Fractured Atlas is an equal opportunity employer.
To be considered for the position, please email the items below in one PDF-formatted file with your name as the filename to Tim Cynova, Deputy Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Program Associate” as the email’s subject line.
- A substantive cover letter including the following information: where you found the position listed, your interest in the position and the organization, the date you are available to start, and contact information for three professional references.
- A résumé no longer than 2 pages outlining your educational and professional experience.
- Writing Challenge (no more than one page): Respond to a person who is convinced that the Earth does not revolve around the sun. Do so in a way that does not demean their point of view but provides them with information proving your point that the Earth does, in fact, revolve around the sun.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered nor will submissions sent via postal mail or fax. No calls please (we mean it). Thank you!
Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to review our website at www.fracturedatlas.org prior to submitting materials for consideration.
January 18, 2013. Deadline for submissions is February 15, 2013. Early submission is encouraged.