Email Marketing Done Artful.ly
Integration with MailChimp has been the most popular item in the Artful.ly Feature Request Forum for over a year. And now, with help from MailChimp and Baltimore-based software developers SmartLogic, we are pleased to launch the Artful.ly + MailChimp integration!
If you’ve been holding your breath for this, please exhale and proceed to these instructions for integrating your accounts.
If you don’t know what all the exclamation points are for, let me explain: MailChimp is a very popular web-based email marketing service. It helps you design email newsletters, share them on social networks, and track your results.
Using an email marketing tool is one of the most effective ways to communicate with your fans and we happen to think MailChimp is the best email marketing tool out there. It’s especially great for artists with no money to burn because MailChimp accounts are free up to 2,000 subscribers and 12,000 emails a month (and really, only your mother wants to hear from you more than that!).
While we wish we could take credit for building this awesome tool, we didn’t. What we did do was build new features in Artful.ly that allow you to connect your Artful.ly account to a MailChimp account. Once you do that, here’s what happens:
- Your MailChimp contacts are imported into Artful.ly.
- New People Records are created for any contact not already in your Artful.ly account.
- On any People Record, you can see all the lists to which that individual is subscribed.
- You can subscribe or unsubscribe individuals from MailChimp lists directly from their People Records.
- When you send an email to a list in MailChimp, that action is logged in every subscriber’s People Record so you can see who got what email.
Ultimately, what you get is list subscription data and communication records right next to your patrons’ ticket buying and donation histories. This will help you see if your marketing is having the intended effect.