We help raise funds for creative projects
Fractured Atlas wants to help you raise money for your artistic work. As the country’s largest arts fiscal sponsor, we provide accessibility, efficiency and affordability. We work with thousands of artists and arts organizations to provide education and support for raising funds.
There is a passionate community of philanthropic individuals, charitable foundations, and government institutions devoted to funding the arts. The catch is that many independent artists and small companies lack the 501(c)(3) tax status that makes them eligible to apply for grants and incentivizes individual gifts. What’s more, when an artist launches a nonprofit, there’s little time for making art. The day-to-day business of administering a tax-exempt organization leaves scant room for anything else.
We want artists to spend time making art, not filing paperwork. With fiscal sponsorship, you can solicit tax-deductible donations and apply for grants without going through the onerous process of launching a 501(c)(3). The sponsored "project" might be a one-time collaboration or an independent artist or even an arts organization that does not have its own 501(c)(3) status.
Our program is open and accessible to artists and arts organizations nationwide and in every artistic discipline. We won't judge the artistic quality or merit of your work. That's not our job. Our job is to give you the tools you need to raise the money to make it happen.
What will fiscal sponsorship do for you?
Fractured Atlas's fiscal sponsorship program offers many benefits that other fiscal sponsors simply don't have the resources or infrastructure to provide. Here are just a few of the perks that make our program special:
- Online donations (up to $20,000) with no additional fee for credit card processing
- Donors can make automatic recurring monthly donations
- We can accept non-cash donations of equipment and materials
- Funds are released daily by electronic fund transfer
- Complete set of online tools for managing your sponsored fund (check your fund balance, view donation and fund release history, access to donor contact information, process new donations, etc.)
- Create dynamic fundraising campaigns, including through integration with cutting-edge crowdsourcing platforms like Indiegogo and RocketHub
- Sell tickets to your events and track your donors through Artful.ly
- Online profile and website link featured on our website
- Fractured Atlas wants to help you raise money. We provide free educational resources, constructive feedback on fundraising materials, and expert staff to help you achieve your fundraising goals.
- Fractured Atlas is legally registered as a charity to fundraise in all 50 states.
What should you know before applying?
What is required for fiscal sponsorship?
- You must be an individual or organizational member of Fractured Atlas.
- You must submit the online application.
- Your project must be artistic.
- Your project must have some public benefit and be non-commercial in nature.
Are there any fees?
There is a base 7% administrative fee on all donations, with no additional fees for processing credit cards. As you raise over the lifetime of your project, the fee is reduced. These lower fees apply to grants and donations by check, but not to donations by credit card:
- 7% fee on checks and grants
- 6% fee on checks and grants
- 5% fee on checks and grants
- 4% fee on checks and grants
How and when will you receive the money raised for your project?
All donations are held for seven days. After seven days, the project may request the funds be sent via electronic fund transfer into their bank account. We process fund releases every business day.