A Vehicle for Change
Creativity is a vehicle for change!
Our destination: a more peaceful, organic and socially just world.
- A Vehicle for Change
- A Vehicle for Change
- My Work in the Arts
- Arts in Education, Environmental art, Music, Presenting, Publishing, Recording Arts, Research, Writing
- Improving our communities through creative collaboration.
- kindred spirits, funders!
- environmental arts education, music performance, music production, creative communication services, social media/marketing,
- A Vehicle for Change (.org)
A Vehicle for Change (.com)
- Last Seen
- Oct 20, 2012 at 12:41 am
- Login to send A Vehicle for Change a private message
- Wise Words... “If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it's not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.” ― Dalai Lama XIV Posted on Aug 29, 2013
“Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.”
---- Dalai Lama Posted on Feb 20, 2013
Back to the Future
Dear Supporters :
The time has come to redirect A Vehicle for Change - Back to the future...
The not-for-profit world is not working for me, because I don't do well standing on the street corner asking for handouts - and to be completely honest, imho - the world needs fewer non-profit organizations and more considerate neighbors.
I like to
MAKE good things happen -
and based on my 50+ years of life experience
(there - I said it - I'm OVER 50 and PROUD of it)
that has always started with
Have a Very Happy Holiday and a Prosperous and CONSCIOUS New Year!
M - music
A - arts
C - creativity
K - Kindness
A Vehicle for Change
Fun fact : Did you know that "Tamburo" means "DRUM" in Italian?
Posted on Dec 12, 2012
Kindness is a Vehicle for Change
Mill Valley Stream keepers
Have a Joyous Holiday Season !
Posted on Dec 4, 2012
MCBC Reroutes Ride to Protect Steelhead
Marin County Bicycle Coalition proves once again that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"
- they have rerouted their "Appetite" ride to protect steelhead trout.
click here for full story
Posted on Nov 20, 2012
Thrill the World, Mill Valley!
One week to go!
CLICK HERE for more information and to REGISTER! Posted on Oct 19, 2012
- Community Building Through Art When I went to Portland for the CBA Conference, I met some amazing people - Milenko Matanovic is one of those people. Watch it and feel free to comment. Posted on Aug 1, 2012
- Frans de Waal : Morality in Animals Another TED talk worth sharing : Posted on Apr 10, 2012
A Schoolbus Whose Time Has Come
Posted on Feb 28, 2012
Plug In Movement Establishes Memorial Fund for Doug Korthof
"Doug Korthof was a passionate advocate for plug-in vehicles, who worked tirelessly to educate anyone who would listen about the benefits of electric drive. For those of us involved in the fight to stop the automaker’s practice of removing working electric vehicles from the road, Doug was always there, working late night shifts and volunteering to help with most any task." (more)
Doug Korthof Memorial Fund (LINK)
Related Post : Adopt-a-Charger Event Posted on Feb 13, 2012
Adopt - a - Charger Event!
This looks like a fun event, so we thought we'd share:
Adopt-A-Charger and the National Park Conservation Association for the Inaugural Ribbon Cutting of the first "Adopt a Charger" at Crissy Field in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area.
The Plug-In Vehicle charger installation is tied to a solar array and wind turbine installation, and Jonathan Jarvis, the Director of the National Park Service, will be in town from Washington DCfor this event.
Date: February 15, 2012 Time: 12:30 PM
Location: Crissy Field Center, 1199 East Beach, Presidio, San Francisco, CA 94129
Adopt-a-Charger would love to have a good showing of electric vehicles at this event to support fee-free accessible public charging.
If you will be able to bring an electric vehicle please email Kitty at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell her "a vehicle for change sent me!"
Posted on Feb 6, 2012
- Brad Pitt on "What Is Wrong With Cars..." Posted on Feb 2, 2012
- Music is a vehicle for change... Posted on Jan 26, 2012
- Art Car : LL Bean Boot for 100th Anniversary Every once in a while, you need to share something that just makes you smile : Posted on Jan 25, 2012
Smart Solar Car Charger...
Coolest car charger EVER!
Shaped like a leaf, it doubles as an LED street light and has a fold down bench. Super Smart. Great for places that have replaced all their REAL trees with fake things and concrete...
source : Inhabitat Posted on Jan 5, 2012
Drive a vehicle for change!
make a tax deductible donation to our non-profit project!
CLICK HERE Posted on Dec 23, 2011
"True Cost of Oil" FREE talk 1/6/12 at Mill Valley Library
MILL VALLEYLisa Margonelli, a Marin resident and author of "Oil on the Brain: Petroleum's Long, Strange Trip to Your Tank," will discuss oil costs as part of the Mill Valley Public Library's First Friday series.Her talk, "The True Cost of Oil," is set for 7 p.m. Jan. 6 at the library.
Registration for the free talk is recommended; call 389-4292 ext. 203 or sign up online at www.millvalleylibrary.org. Posted on Dec 21, 2011
- News : Crowdfunding Bill Crowdfunding Bill News : CLICK HERE Posted on Dec 16, 2011
- The Story of Electronics : Worth Another Look Imagine if all this toxic waste went back to whomever made it? If this video won't load, CLICK HERE Posted on Dec 14, 2011
- Social Media Facts facebook has over 850 Million active users, 350 million on the mobile web. If you are not using this social media tool, you are not being heard. (more) Posted on Dec 12, 2011
Action Track Chair : A Vehicle for Change
What an amazing invention! This chair has no problem traversing over bumps in the road, gravel, etc. - in fact, it actually seems to ride better on the rough spots than on a smooth surface. I had a chance to try it out yesterday. If you know someone in the Marin County area who is bound to a wheel chair, I highly recommend they give it a whirl while Don Swenson, the West Coast rep, is in town. He leaves on Friday.
http://www.actiontrackchair.com/ Posted on Nov 23, 2011
- Breastival Calendar is in Production Mode It's exciting! In a few weeks, we'll unveil the calendar. Posted on Nov 13, 2011
October 1 - 31 : Rack 'n Roll Breastival FUNdraiser : CLICK HERE : On October 1, 2011 - a bunch of Bay Area musicians came together to share their talents to raise funds to fight breast cancer in Marin County. A Vehicle for Change is producing a limited edition art calendar to expand the event's reach and raise more awareness. Online Fundraising Campaign on Indie Gogo through 10/31
October 29th : 3:00 - 6:00 pm THRILL the WORLD : Bay Area : Oakland : As you may know , we organized a Thrill the World : Sausalito event in 2009 & 2010. This year, we are combining resources and zombie forces for good with Thrill the World Bay Area at the Studio One Art Center : join us !
If you would like to carpool (creepool) from Marin, please meet up for a flash mob :
THRILLER ON MILLER : at 1:00 pm on Thrill Day! Additionally, it is a shop local promotion / opportunity for merchants on Miller Avenue -
HALOWEEN : MERCHANTS on MILLER AVENUE are OFFERING DISCOUNTS and SPECIAL OFFERS to shoppers through Halloween!
MILL VALLEY MUSIC : 20% of for ZOMBIES
WIGT PRINTING : 10% off Greeting Cards and Banners : just mention "zombies"
Posted on Oct 21, 2011
Thrill the World, Sausalito!
This year - we are joining forces with Bay Area Flash Mob and the folks over at Studio One in Oakland - which is Thrill the World Bay Area central!
We still maintain our website and will be updating, so check out all the details - CLICK HERE
Posted on Oct 2, 2011
Breastival October 1st!
Saturday, October 1st
at 19 Broadway in Fairfax!
Whether or not you can make the show,
"Take a Trip Down Mammary Lane to Breastival" : CHECK OUT our
campaign on Indie Gogo
While you are there, get yourself a perk - your copy of the 2011 Breastival Comammarative Calendar or a Wine, Women & Song Compilation CD!
Posted on Sep 23, 2011