A Mile In My Shoes, Inc.
The mission of AMIMS is to use the arts as a platform to address a diverse array of social issues. We are a nonprofit arts organization dedicated to increasing the awareness of modern social issues and the impact they have on society.
We believe using the arts is an effective and progressive way to raise awareness and promote understanding of the individuals engaged in the issues we present. We also desire to put a face on the issues and introduce them to an audience who would not generally be engaged.
We will produce a series of concerts, original theater productions, films, talks and forums each addressing a modern social issue. At select concert performances and theatre productions we will introduce our audience to organizations that deal directly with the issues we present. We will then provide audience members with information and opportunities to get involved.
- A Mile In My Shoes, Inc.
- A Mile In My Shoes, Inc
- New York City
- Arts and Community Collaboration
- My Work in the Arts
- Arts and Community Collaborations, Composing, Film/Video, Mixed media, Music, Performing arts (other), Playwrighting, Poetry, Theatre
- Telling the stories of the marginalized, oppressed and misunderstood with truth, dignity and hope. This gives us a glimpse into their history, and in essence the how and why of their condition. Having this knowledge is the first step to connecting us and preventing many from making uninformed judgments.
As Dr. Martin Luther King said, "Men often hate each other because they fear each other; they fear each other because they don't know each other; they don't know each other because they can not communicate; they can not communicate because they are separated."
We will be their voice where they are fearful to speak. We will let them be seen anew where indifference and ignorance has blinded the world from seeing their light. We will be an ear to listen when they have no audience to hear. We will tell their stories, and in doing so, bring about understanding, truth, compassion and change.
- Volunteers and donors to partner with us and help make our dynamic season of socially conscious concerts, plays, musicals, films, talks and forums a reality.
- A wonderfully exciting experience working with some of the most talented artists in NYC. And a chance to make a positive difference in our community.
- Check out our site!
"Like" our Facebook Page
Follow us on twitter!
- Fiscal Sponsorship
- A Mile In My Shoes, Inc
- Login to send A Mile In My Shoes, Inc. a private message
A Mile In My Shoes, Inc. has not set up a blog feed.