Fundraising is a skill you need to realize your projects: fiscal sponsorship is the tool that makes fundraising possible.
Through fiscal sponsorship, you can leverage some of the benefits of Fractured Atlas’s tax-exempt status to access discounted space, solicit tax-deductible donations, and apply for funding from corporations and foundations.
WHAT IS FISCAL SPONSORSHIP?
Fiscal sponsorship is a contractual relationship between a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and a group or individual whose activities fall within the sponsoring organization's mission. This relationship enables the 501(c)(3) to extend certain benefits of being nonprofit to the sponsored group, without the group having to go through filing for nonprofit status by itself.
In other words: we built an entire organization so that you don’t have to AND you can use our organization to catalyze your creativity.
Raise funds. Motivate donors. Create something excellent. Handle your business.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH FISCAL SPONSORSHIP?
Fiscal sponsorship allows you to use the tools we offer to support your work. We know that there’s no “one-size-fits-all” solution and you are the expert on what you’re creating. You can use any or all of our tools to customize the support you need. With fiscal sponsorship, you can:
- Solicit funds which are eligible for tax-deduction to your donors.
- Accept automatic, recurring, monthly donations.
- Receive contributed funds via electronic funds transfer.
- Process credit card donations with no additional credit card processing fees.
- Run a crowdfunding campaign with Fundraising by Fractured Atlas.
- Apply for grants and corporate sponsorships.
- Connect your fiscal sponsorship with Artful.ly to sell tickets and manage your patrons.
- Ask for guidance from our small but mighty Program staff.
- Get comprehensive answers to your questions via our Knowledge Base.
HOW DO YOU BECOME FISCALLY SPONSORED?
- Become a member of Fractured Atlas at one of our paid membership levels.
- Apply for fiscal sponsorship. (Be sure to let us know if you have investors or intend to engage in lobbying activities.)
- Wait for approval. (You’ll be notified via email within two weeks -- though it’s generally much faster than that.)
- Start fundraising!
WHAT ELSE SHOULD YOU KNOW?
All donations received through fiscal sponsorship are subject to an administrative fee.
Some activities are prohibited for fiscally-sponsored projects.